Saturday, March 06, 2010

More Reflections on the Marriage Ref

I tuned into the Marriage Ref again last week. I find the human element very intriguing. It's like you get to look into other peoples’ lives and see how they really live. For instance, I saw a couple where the wife would only allow the dining room to be used for Thanksgiving dinner, That's practically the equivalent of a diet pill that works. However, I'm just not a huge fan of the comedians. They are supposed to be funny but they aren't.

Maybe it's just because they show such outlandish situations that the comedians just can't hold a candle to them. I think the other problem is Jerry Seinfeld. This was supposed to be his big return to TV and he's just not funny. I think that he was so funny with Seinfeld that we all had really high expectations. All the other "refs" or "judges" or whatever that show calls them make it a point to laugh and slap their knees whenever he talks because of who he is. This implies that he is funny but my ears and brain say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment