Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tattoo Snobs

I don't have tattoos but I religiously watched Miami Ink, London Ink and L.A. Ink. These shows made me want to get auto insurance quotes on a vintage car or bike and dye my hair pink. Every single shop always talks about how they've been persecuted by being tattooed. They talk about being dedicated by getting tattoos on their neck and face and how it will jeopardize their careers in any industry except for tattooing. They get people to tell their emotional stories to the camera so they can have a show. Fine, I'll watch that.

However, I'm starting to think that Kat Von D's shop is full of tattoo snobs. They keep hiring artists to replace Hannah and Kim who they never gave a proper departure to. Then they don't give the artists work because they aren't talented enough. Why do you hire them then? The Audrey situation is even worse. She's the blond, ditzy shop assistant who keeps trying to be cool and running around saying "Love me, love me" and the entire shop just keeps kicking her because she's not heavily tattooed or doesn't know a lot about it. Yes, the girl is annoying. Then fire her, instead of ridiculing her to remind yourself how great you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment