Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Evelyn, Evelyn Review

It's no secret that I'm a huge Amanda Palmer fan. She seems to have defied aging and always has me looking at wrinkle eye creams. In fact I've probably listened to "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?" more times than anyone else on the entire planet. I wonder if there's like a world record for it. So I was excited to hear "Evelyn, Evelyn". It's a collaboration between Jason Webley and Amanda Palmer. The album basically tells the story of the Evelyn sisters. Each song gives you a little more insight into their lives. The pluses of this are:

It's a story album. It's captivating. I couldn't wait to get to the next track to find out what happened next.

I find the music site made for the album enchanting. I also love that the sisters are active across all kinds of social networks.

The minuses are:

It's a story album. I've listened to it twice. However, I can't sing along with it. It's not the kind of light listening that I'd put in my car, but it's definitely worth listening to and owning.

No comments:

Post a Comment