Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Music That I Must Have

For me the free music station Pandora is a double edged sword. I think it really ends up costing me a lot of money because I always find out about artists that I've never heard of before but now must own. There are hierarchies of my music love.

Stage 1: The song is good enough to warrant its own station but I'm not compelled to go shopping.
Stage 2: I like the song but am worried about the rest of the artists’ music so I'll just buy the soundtrack or specific disc of the song I heard.
Stage 3: I love the song so much that I go out and buy every single album based on one song.

Right now Bishop Allen seems to be in stage 3. It just somehow makes me feel younger like eye creams that work but with music. I'm excited to get the discs just to see if they live up to the few songs I've heard on Pandora.

No comments:

Post a Comment