Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Sister's Keeper Review

I don't know why I would watch a movie if I didn't care for the book. I just thought that all of the star power in the film would carry it. As with most movies they left a lot of the book out but it didn't really help. There is just something about the "donor child" storyline that I can't get into. I even like a lot of books and movies that are sad so that doesn't explain it. Granted, when I watch most movies about illnesses I start looking around for the best vitamins and exercising more.

Maybe it's the feeling of helplessness that the movie creates that I don't like. I know a lot of people raved about the book and I love books, I wanted to love the book too. It was a well written book and a well produced movie but I'm glad that it's back at the library where it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment