Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Up with the Early Morning Time Slots?

Lately it seems like I have to wake up in the morning to catch decent TV. I am not a fan of early morning. Never have been. Probably never will be. No, I don't have Tivo or DVR which means I miss a lot of the good shows. TLC definitely seems to be guilty of this. Usually they reair their primetime shows 50,000 times during the week and for several weeks after the show has ended.

This is not true of their home improvement shows. They've been experimenting on weekend mornings not only with Moving Up but with a few house hunting shows and shows revolving around people trying to build equity in their home to avoid foreclosure. These concepts fascinate me but they are only aired once. Probably because they don't get enough viewers. That is probably because no one knows about them because again, it’s a morning on a weekend and we all need to stop sleeping in and wake up early and take vitamins. So these shows will probably fail just because they were never given a chance and because I don't like the morning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment