Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Power of Music on Mood

No, I'm not going to get all scientific on you because science is just not my thing, being awesome is. I've known for a long time the effect of color on my work habits or sleep. So I try to keep certain rooms in my home relaxing and then I use brighter colors in the rooms I work in. I think this is also true of music. So if I had healthcare jobs I'd probably want something peppy but appropriate on my ipod.

I've noticed that I get a lot more work done depending on what I'm listening to. Jeffrey Lewis is upbeat but it requires a lot of thinking so it slows me down. When I listen to music like Frank Sinatra my fingers fly across the keyboard, it's almost like my hands are dancing. I guess it really depends on something like my mood+the concentration my work requires+the time of day=which radio station I should listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment