Sunday, July 19, 2009

Marie Antoinette

I hadn't seen the 2006 Marie Antoinette movie with Kirsten Dunst because I'm not a huge Kirsten Dunst fan. It was one of those days where it was the only thing left at the rental store, so I picked it up. As I started watching I realized that the only thing I knew about her was the "Let them eat cake" line.

It seemed like her deplorable way with fiances helped lead to the French Revolution. Marie Antoinette seemed like a shopaholic who should've looked into some kind of rv finance. Well that's at least the way that Sofia Coppola made it seem. I was expecting the movie to be more serious. Instead, it's like a very long music video for shoes from the 1700s. Granted, the shoes were very cute. The storyline didn't grab me, but it was definitely a movie that was just pretty to watch, very vivid in its imagery and use of color and cute antique shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment