Saturday, June 02, 2007

Save the music

Well, I was continuing my love affair with the internet radio station Pandora. Recently, I've been seeing ads that said something about calling your representatives to save internet radio. Usually my representatives don't want to talk to me, but Pandora said to & if Pandora says to.

Jay Inslee & Don Manzullo are trying to reverse a Copyright Royalty Board decision that would triple the amount of royalties that internet radio stations have to play. (Simple language, they are trying to do the right thing & need our support & the support of other congressmen & women). Think about what would happen to you if your bills were suddenly tripled. Right. It's not going to be pretty & could be the end of a lot internet radio stations.

I feel like I'm just about to be broken up with. I live in a small town, with one static-y country radio station, that I have to sit in my car to hear. I can do without all of my ex boyfriends, but I NEED internet radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment