Monday, November 25, 2013

It's About That Time

It's been almost a year since I turned off cable and I haven't regretted it yet. However, I think that will change this next month. My favorite time of the year is the season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are just so many hopeful movies on where things actually work out for good people. There's always a cool workshop with elves churning out toys. I wish that this happened in real life although there would be lots of details like looking for for solid machine handles and putting Santa's list into a spreadsheet. I can watch every holiday movie that Lifetime or Hallmark puts out. I don’t care for some of the edgier versions where they show the “reality” of the holidays. I just like happy TV which is one reason I turned it off; there were only uplifting shows on one month a year. I know I can rent Christmas movies but I like the made for TV movies the best with their simplistic plot lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment