Wednesday, September 02, 2009

It's All Been Done Before

I've had to start watching TLC instead of HGTV and The Food Network because my new apartment only gets TLC and the shopping networks. Yes, sometimes I need to buy jewelry and wrinkle cream, but rarely do I watch the shopping channels for enjoyment. I've noticed a disturbing trend on TLC. They steal ideas from other networks.

Hey, let's have a show where we pay exactly $10,000 to contestants who can build really tall cakes. We'll have hard to please judges and then make the bakers move the cakes across an impossible area and some of them will fall. We'll call it "The Ultimate Cake Off". Umm that kind of reminds me of "The Food Network Challenge" that has been on for years. Contestants on The Food Network Challenge:

  • compete for $10,000
  • have a cake height requirement
  • face snarky judges.
  • move cakes for the sole purpose that watching tall cakes fall is fun.

They even use some of the same bakers from The Food Network Challenge. Hey, I know let's start a show about this baker who builds cake that looks like it isn't made out of cake. Maybe he can shoot fireworks from the cake. We'll showcase all of his zany friends and family who work in the bakery with him. I think the guy should be short, not exactly handsome or ugly, and have dark hair. We'll call him "The Cake Boss". Umm anyone ever head or "Ace of Cakes"? Granted, I appreciate TLC stealing shows from all the other networks that aren't in my cable plan..but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment