Saturday, March 21, 2009

Henry Poole is Here Review

I might have bought the movie Henry Poole is Here because I have a slight crush on Luke Wilson, or just people named Luke in general. I had no idea what to expect. I was absolutely stunned when the film centered around a non believer finding the face of God in a water stain on the stucco of his house. There seems to be some emotional/physical healing power involved although the main character is very skeptical. He is practically out looking for leads for insurance, which is probably what I'd do too. Talk about a fantastic concept. It's not a movie that I'd watch over & over, but it was good. I think it's mostly because I had no way of classifying the film as Christian or atheist. I wasn't expecting a religious film, I was just watching it for Luke Wilson.

However, the soundtrack is stunning. I had to pause the movie to look up who was doing the music. I vowed while the search results were coming up to buy every record by whoever was singing. It was my beloved Eels, & I'm already buying all of their music. I'd probably buy the soundtrack even if I didn't watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment