Sunday, February 22, 2009

Holy Cow, That's Kirk Douglas?

I'll admit that I've never actually seen a Kirk Douglas movie. I usually just think of him as "The creepy old guy with Catherine Zeta Jones." Well that & the fact that I always thought his name was Kurt. It's hard to find films with Kurt Douglas in them. I've never seen him act. He always seems to quint into the sun & act serious. He seemed more suited for auto insurance coverages commercials than the silver screen.

I was watching "The Bad & the Beautiful" on TCM. It's from 1952. I just figured that the lead man was William Holden. I must have read somewhere that a William Holden movie was on today. After looking at him awhile I thought "William Holden & Kirk Douglas look a lot alike." I checked the TV guide & it was Kirk Douglas. He was kind of hot & he could really act. He must have preserved himself in some kind of time capsule. He was born in 1944 & certainly doesn't look like it. Now I know what Catherine Zeta Jones sees in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment