Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Shop Around the Corner

I was familiar with "The Shop Around the Corner" remake, "You've got mail." I have never seen the 1940 original movie until last week. James Stewart can sometimes be very dreamy & this was one of those moments. I was so sick of Christmas movies that I wanted to take a trip to the las vegas strip just to get away from them.

I couldn't imagine for the life of me how the "You've got Mail" storyline would fall into place. It deals with pen pals falling in love while they hate each other in real life. The Shop around the Corner portrayed this through letters. Apparently letters are written on paper & then put in this thing called an envelope & sent through the mail. I don't know that it classifies as a holiday movie, even though TCM thinks otherwise. However, it's brilliant, just brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment